Existing customer getting new phone

I have a Moto G7 on a my choice talk & text plan. I want to purchase the Moto G Power (2021) from the Republic Wireless store. Will it be as simple as taking the SIM card out of the Moto G7 and putting it in the Moto G Power?

Same question for purchasing the Moto G Play (2021).

Hi @brith.bur398,

If you order the phone from our online store, it will come with a SIM card already installed. To move your phone number to the new phone, you’ll activate it using the steps in the “Activation Instructions for Republic Wireless 3.0 Phones” section of https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005636388-How-to-Activate-a-Cell-Phone-or-SIM-Card, paying special attention to the “Important note” highlighted in blue in that article.

I understand that buying a phone from Republic comes ready, but Republic doesn’t have the Moto X that I want to replace with. I have one that I bought from Republic but it is on it’s way out. If I buy one from a different supplier will it work if I place the sim card I already have into the new phone? Then follow the steps to activate it?

Hi @mariae.iijgr9 and welcome to the Community!

Please see if the following helps with determining if your current SIM would move to a new compatible phone:

I see you mention a Moto X. There are 4 generations of the Moto X supported by Republic. Due to forthcoming cellular network changes, the 1st and 2nd generation Moto X can no longer be activated with Republic. The 3rd generation Moto X (a/k/a the Moto X Pure) and the 4th generation Moto X may still be activated but are also older phones (2016 and 2017 respectively). It may not be possible to source a new 3rd or 4th generation Moto X though it would be possible to activate a previously used 3rd or 4th generation Moto X. Again, it is not possible to activate a 1st or 2nd generation Moto X with Republic.

Thank you, that is helpful. Do you know of a phone similar that will fit the moto x case?

Hi @mariae.iijgr9,

I’m afraid phone cases are built to be phone specific. A new phone means a new case. Is there a particular new phone of interest to you?

Something that isn’t too long. I have noticed that the new phones get larger. Hopefully there is one out there that is no more than 6".

Hi @mariae.iijgr9,

Indeed, phone manufacturers have largely decided what folks want is ever larger phones. I’ll admit once one adjusts to a phone with a larger screen, it is nice to have. Perhaps, this Community resource would help with an idea of phone dimensions:

If perusing that list seems overwhelming, might we start with confirming the brand, model and generation of the phone you currently use with Republic? I’m guessing it’s a Moto X, however, knowing the generation would help us better help you.

Message an
Expert customer