Existing Legacy plan - How to upgrade to My Choice plan

If you are an existing RW member with a phone on a legacy or grandfathered plan (commonly called “Unlimited”, “Refund”, 1.0, or 2.0 plans) and looking to upgrade to a new phone with the My Choice plan , here is a set of scenarios and corresponding steps required to make the transition.

Phones on the legacy plans include the DEFY XT, Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen only), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen only), and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen only)

1) Existing legacy plan phone upgrade to My Choice Plan (Phone bought from RW.)

A phone bought from Republic Wireless will come with a SIM card installed. Install or update the RW app on your new phone and then follow the activation instructions in the RW app. Be sure to use the same login credentials as your existing phone and watch carefully for the option to move your number to the new phone. At the end of the activation process, the new phone will get your phone number and the old phone will be deactivated.

If you notice a difference in coverage on the newly activated phone and prefer the coverage of your previous phone, follow these instructions to request a new CDMA SIM card from the Republic Help Team: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help

2) Existing legacy plan phone upgrade to a phone on My Choice Plan (Phone bought from Third Party)

Note: Your existing legacy plan works on CDMA. If you want the same coverage on your My Choice Plan, use this list to ensure you order a CDMA capable phone.

Also, review this valuable document to help ensure that you are picking a compatible phone.

A third party or BYOP phone on My Choice requires activation with a GSM SIM card.
See here for additional details to order a SIM card. You cannot use the SIM card from your existing legacy plan phone in your new My Choice Plan phone
https://republicwireless.com/shop/bring-your-own-phone/

Install or update the RW app on your new phone and then follow the activation instructions in the RW app. Be sure to use the same login credentials as your existing phone and watch carefully for the option to move your number to the new phone. At the end of the activation process, the new phone will get your phone number and the old phone will be deactivated.

If you notice a difference in coverage on the newly activated phone and prefer the coverage of your previous phone, follow these instructions to request a new CDMA SIM card from the Republic Help Team: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help

I'm upgrading to a new phone
Need a new sim card
My MotoG doesn't find Wifi signal
Bought 2 unlocked moto x 4 Android One phones from Amazon
Steps required to upgrade phone
Would like to switch phone, from Moto X 2nd gen to Nexus 6P, Nexus was used earlier on my account
Moto x to Pixel 3
Please help me transfer my number to my new phone