Existing Ph # without closing account with current carrier?

New RW user and this is my first post so bear with me.

A friend told me about RW and how awesome it worked for him (when he was travelling abroad; allowing him to make/receive calls on his existing phone #). So I signed up with RW bringing my own Nexus 6p and confused now because I have been given a new phone # by RW.

Was under impression my existing phone # is going to work but seems like I have to transfer my existing number from T-Mobile to RW. Can someone please help me understand how I can use existing carrier while in the US and RW while abroad keeping same phone number always?

Since I do business I have to be connected to my customers all the times using exact same phone number that they have. Thanks!

Hi @ebrain!

So you want to keep your old number with T-Mobile but use that number with your Republic phone? In order to use your old phone number with Republic, you will need to port the number from T-Mobile. When you port your number, your TMobile account will be closed automatically. I hope that helps!

mb2x

Hi @ebrain

Most, but not all, numbers can be transferred to Republic Wireless. You can check to see if your number will transfer by entering it at this site:

https://republicwireless.com/tools/number-transfer/

If your number will transfer, here is a link to the instructions:

1 Like

Hi @ebrain,

Our phone service is not a service you can merge with your existing carrier in order to have international calling. While our service will work on Wi-Fi to call US and Canadian numbers, we offer neither international cellular roaming nor calls to international numbers.

2 Likes

Sorry I misunderstood entire model and apologies for not doing my research better. I’ll cancel and use T-Mobile WiFi calling then. Appreciate quick replies from everyone. Hope RW someday adds this feature focusing on International clientele as well. Regards

5 Likes

Is it possible to just forward your calls to the RW number when you are traveling out of the country?

Message an
Expert customer