Existing phone destroyed - trouble reactivating old moto g3

What phone do you have? motog3

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? both

My existing moto x was destroyed so I’m trying to reactivate my old moto g3. I get an arror message “failed to authenticate using your republic account”. It seems to want me to purchase a plan, so when I skip, the error message appears. Do I really need to pick a plan to activate?

Issue Description

the Moto G3 is an older Legacy phone and as such can not use your current My Choice Plan so yes you will have to select a 2.0 Republic Refund plan ($10 Base + data at $7.50 per half GB or $15 per GB) you will be selecting how much data you wish to auto renew on your billing cycle

1 Like

Thank you!!

2 Likes

In case you had set up the annual payment option on the Moto X that was destroyed… please note that that annual payment will not be applied to your new plan on the G3. If that is the case, then I recommend you submit a help ticket to get resolution on the remaining amount of that annual payment option…depending on how long you intend to use the G3.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer