Extend home + google voice

What phone do you have? Moto G5+

What plan are you on? Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1gb

Issue Description

Purchased and installed Extend Home. Did reset twice. I have Google Voice. Google Voice is set to ring my cell phone. With the cell phone powered on, when calling the Google Voice number, only the cell phone rings. When calling the cell phone number direct, Extend Home phones + cell phone ring. If cell phone is powered off, Extend phone rings with Google Voice or cell phone numbers.
Is there any tweak to Google Voice or Republic to allow all phones to ring when calling the Google Voice number?

Hi @paulo.clfs8r!

I am not an expert with Extend Home, buy Have you tried reassociating the Extend Home with your line? You can find out how to do that here: How to Disassociate a Home Phone Adapter – Republic Help .

Try that and let us know if that fixes it!

Also, you may want to take a look at this thread: Using Google Voice with Extend Home . Additionally, If you go into the Google Voice settings, under “Making and Receiving Calls” which option is selected?

1 Like

Hi @paulo.clfs8r,

Do you have the Google Voice app installed on your phone? If so, the Google Voice phone number is ringing that app when the phone is on, and that direct connection between Google Voice and the Google Voice app does not route calls through our servers to allow the Extend Home device to be involved…

1 Like

Hippie Kay Yeah.
Deleted Google Voice from phone. GV number rings everywhere.
Thank you southpaw.

1 Like

Hi @paulo.clfs8r,

If you like it’s possible to leave the GV app on your phone (in case you wish to use your GV number for outbound calling). To do so, please be certain the GV app is set up to “Use carrier only” at Settings -> Making and receiving calls.

I have the GV app on my extended Republic phone. When someone calls my GV number, both my Republic Android and Extend Home adapter ring simultaneously.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer