Extend Home product won't work with older models of Moto G phones

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

I wish you would have made it clear on the Extend Home product that it will not work with MotoG first or third generation phones purchased from Republic. It wasn’t until I attempted to initiate this product that I learned that older model Moto G phones can’t be updated to the new “My Choice” plan which is necessary in order to use this device. Very disappointed, and I am not buying an unneeded new phone now too in order to make this Extend Home product work.

Hi @cliffv.i5vv8q,

Thanks for your feedback. We’ve recently added multiple places where we indicate that it works only with our “My Choice” plan, including a “Learn More” link to provide more details.

I think what we were lacking was the perspective that someone using our legacy phones might think they could somehow move those phones to the My Choice plans.

We always look for ways to improve our website, and I’ll make sure your feedback is taken into consideration.

1 Like

Yes, this oversight is especially easy to miss if you are on the original plan with the Moto G first gen legacy phone. It announces that Republic has “new plans” for you to upgrade to when you attempt to make changes within my current wifi plan (such as adding cellular data). But that new plan only updates to the "refund " plan, but for some reason doesn’t allow any update to the new “choice” plan. So of course I expected I would also be allowed to update to the next “my choice” plan as well.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer