Extend Home service confirmation

I think I understand how the Extend Home service works, but I’d like confirmation before I take the plunge.

Here’s my current setup:

• 3 RW phones; 2 My Choice (myself and son), and 1 Republic Refund (wife)
  • Home phone using old land line number that I’ve had for 30+ years. Currently a VoIP service through my cable provider at $33.25/mo ($400/yr). I have an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) with an ethernet (RJ45) connection to my cable modem and telephone (RJ11) connection to my analog phone base. The phone has 3 handsets throughout the house.

I like having a home phone number that is separate from my and my wife’s cell numbers.

It looks like the Extend Home adapter is an ATA but it needs to have a RW phone and plan to be associated with. If I understand things, I would need to buy a new phone with a My Choice plan along with the Extend Home adapter. My home phone number could then be ported to that phone. To maximize my savings I would buy an inexpensive phone and select the Talk & Text plan at $150/yr (plus fees). I would then be saving over $200/yr so would make up the cost of the new phone and the Extend Home adapter in the first year.

Is my understanding correct? Have I missed anything about how the Extend Home adapter works?

Thanks, Mark

1 Like

You do understand how the service works, and you can do as you’ve described.

1 Like

My situation was similar to yours: landline for 20+ years; 2 RW phones (wife and I) on yearly payment plan.

A month ago I decided to port my landline number to RW. I bought a RW Home Extend kit on Amazon ($28.00 after applying coupon and free shipping) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HPHDGJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I reactivated on RW monthly My Choice Talk & Text ($15/mo. less $5/mo. discount for a year) a Moto g7 (that I had previously upgraded from). I put in my request to RW with that phone to port my landline number. RW set a porting date about five days out and, on that day, the porting occurred. I set up the Home Extend ATA with an Ethernet cable to a TP-Link Extender so I could have the base phone in a more convenient location than where my router is. Two add’l handsets are in other rooms.

I’m saving about $46/mo.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer