External Power supply

have moto g 2nd gen and moto 6 and want to know what external power supply I should use. Thanks

the Charger that cam with either phone can be used to charge the phones
the Moto G6 charger would be faster charge for the Moto G6 as it is Motorola turbo charger (Quick charge 2.0) but both chargers would work

Thank you. But I want to know if there is an external power supply I can buy to carry with me in case of emergencies etc that would work with moto g2 and moto6

just about any USB power plug would work (I recommend staying with OEM or name brand chargers)
you will also need cables for the phones the Moto G1(or 3rd) use the older Micro USB cables while the Moto G6 is Type-C

I

If by external supply you mean like a battery pack them something like this would work. It comes with a micro-USB cable. You will need a separate USB-C-type capable for the G6

Try looking at this! Anker PowerCore 10000, One of The Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-Speed Charging Technology Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More

There’s an Anker thats 13,000 that sells for $28.59 Anker PowerCore 13000, Compact 13000mAh 2-Port Ultra-Portable Phone Charger Power Bank with PowerIQ and VoltageBoost Technology for iPhone, iPad
The 1st one I listed will do the job and is smaller and lighter for the pocket but costs $4.00. more. I would get the 10,000 personally. Just plug your usb cable into it and your good to go. If you need cables Amazon has them too.

Hi @barryd.jps8i3,

Can you tell us more about what your needs are? Do you just want to be able to recharge the phone once in a while when the day is long, or are you looking for something to get you through an extended power outage?