Finding Attachments that I Have Saved

Hi! I have a Moto E 2nd generation. When I want to save a photo or video that I receive in a text message, it asks me if I want to save the attachment, which I do. However, I don’t know how to find attachments on my phone. Can you please help me>

Do you see a paper clip in the menu bar. If so tap and it should take to the page of attachments. Tap and hold photo and a menu should pop up.

Your answer was helpful but I am still having a problem. I can only see the paper clip when I am in a text message thread. When I click on the paper clip, it takes me to a menu that is named “Attach” and then I have to choose what I want to attach (photo, video, etc.) I do not want to attach anything to the text message thread. I want to email the photos to my email account. Is there another paper clip I should be looking at? Because when I tap and hold the photos that appear, nothing happens either.

Have you tried using clip to attach when using email app?

My phone does not give me the option of attaching anything when I go into my email and create a new message.

Oops. I just found it the clip. I will see if I can get it to work. It shows photos, but only photos I have taken, not any attachments I have received in texts.

Sorry I have you running around in circles. It seems to work on my G3 and my Moto X Pure with 6.0 allows saving them to G-photos. Hopefully another member with more experience with this will reply with some better answers.

You were very kind to offer your help. I am sure I’ll get it figured out. Thanks very much!

You’re welcome and I appreciate the kind words. Good luck.

Message an
Expert customer