Fitbit compatibility

Is the Samsung galaxy j7 compatible with the fitbit charge 2? I now have a moto g4…not happy with the reliability…so, I’m going to have to get a new phone!! UGH. Not a fun process for me.
Thank you

A check of Fitbit Supported Devices an app by Fitbit, neither the Moto G4 nor the Galaxy J7 are listed, this may be they just haven’t update the site, but you may want to check with Fitbit

Hi @jeanb.01d11j,

Would you like to explain what sorts of issues you’re experiencing with the G4, and see if our Community can troubleshoot them with you? Perhaps a new phone would not be necessary.

1 Like

Thank you, Jben
The Fitbit does fine with my motog4. I did try finding the compatible device list, but I couldn’t even find what I thought was current info. When I got my Fitbit in Feb., it had motog4 listed when I synched devices.

Must be a Fitbit lapse.

:slight_smile:

Here is link I referenced before (the device support list): https://www.fitbit.com/devices
Here is a link to their Support/Chat http://help.fitbit.com/

Well hello, Southpaw!
You have helped me out more than once. I remember your patience…lol.
I have “chatted” with someone from Republic, and was told these phones have some major issues, and confirmed when I looked it up online. He said one thing issue was “ghost texting.”

In addition to going wacko when I’m trying to text, it flashes, appears to fixated on one area on the screen & pulsates, freezes. When it whacks out, it’s difficult to power off. My camera keeps shutting off when I’m trying to take pics

After I power off, it works fine…for a while, sometimes a long while & sometimes a few minutes. It does this many times a day. It isn’t quite as bad if I have it safe mode. It’s just not feasible for me to keep it safe mode all the time.

I chatted, emailed and spoke on the phone many times with Motorola reps. I I never could figure out how much they wanted to charge me for a replacement phone.

I don’t really want to have to buy another new phone at this time. I haven’t even had this phone two years, yet.

Any help/advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Got it. Thanks

Hi @jeanb.01d11j,

The “Ghost Touch” issue does seem to be beyond what our Community can solve, and I’m sorry to read that you are experiencing it. We do have some tricks people have found that have helped. They are here:

Since the issue would have been covered under warranty, and you mentioned you have not yet had the phone two years, is there any chance you purchased it with a credit card that doubles (or adds a year to) the Manufacturer’s warranty? They might be able to help you get a replacement.

1 Like

Thank you, I will def be trying the tips and see if that helps, and YES!!! I DID purchase the phone with a credit card :):smile: Now, I get to try to access my credit card records online…I believe I can do that.

ThankyouThankyouThankyou for thinking about this.

2 Likes

I have been on the phone with my credit card co. It DOES have an extended warranty of 1 year. Now, if I can just successfully jump thru all the hoops, MAYBE I will get another phone…
Again, many thanks to you for steering me in the right direction.
stay tuned…
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

one more question, I apologize if I should ask somewhere else. I need a “Copy of itemized sales receipt.” I did not receive that, I was just billed on my credit card. Any idea where I can get that.
BTW, I am going to have to purchase a new phone (thru Republic) whether this claim is approved or not.
Don’t mean to drive you crazy, I just need some assistance, a lot :o(
TY

you can find the itemized sales receipt in your account portal under invoices Orders & Payments | Republic Wireless

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer