Flashlight and vibrate don't work

incomplete

What phone do you have? Moto G3
What plan are you on?
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? text, talk, data

Issue Description

My phone won’t vibrate. I went into Sound and Notification in Settings and turned it on. Still doesn’t vibrate.

The flashlight also won’t work. I tried by shaking the phone and by hitting the icon from the pull down menu at the top of the screen. Nothing. Also the camera flash doesn’t work.

Any help us appreciated…

I’ll give it a shot…
You have done everything I can think of to try and see if this is a hardware or software issue. If this were me, at this point I would backup my phone and do a full Factory Reset. Once reset and you’re back into the phone you can test the vibration and flash again. If It works…Hooray! (Software issue). If the issues remain I’m afraid It sounds like a hardware issue. The Moto G3 I believe is just turning 2 years old so it should not suffer for something like this but alas it is probably out of warranty.

Hi @amyb.av698c,

If you’re not quite ready for a factory reset, you might try operating the phone in Safe Mode to see if perhaps an app is conflicting. I have seen app conflicts interfere with the flash operation.

As for the vibration setting, when you look at the status tray at the top of the screen, to the left of the time, battery indicator, and cellular and Wi-Fi strength indicators, do you see a star or circle with a slash through it? Do you see an icon that represents a phone with tiny lines on each side?

Device Help :motohelp: found in the App space :appsicon: provides a Tab labeled ‘Fix’ this provides test for most functions including Vibrate and Flash.
This provides you the ability to test and can be used in normal or Safe Mode

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.