Moto G5 Plus
Republic My Choice Plan (latest) with 1G of data.
Android 7.0 (Jan 1 2018 security patch)
Build Number NPNS25.137-93-4
My phone is currently stuck in roaming. I live in Buffalo, and received and activated my Moto G5 Plus in Buffalo. I have recently flown to Cedar Rapids, IA and since arriving my phone is constantly roaming. I find this odd, as the coverage checker shows the Cedar Rapids area as fully covered for 4G LTE. I also used to live in Cedar Rapids, and had a Moto X 1st Gen that I used with Republic Wireless on the 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 plans for 4 years with no issue.
Here’s what I have tried to fix the issue:
- Toggle airplane mode, to try and reset the cell connection.
- Toggle cell data on and off.
- Toggle data roaming on and off.
- Restart the phone.
- Re-activate the phone using the ##8467## code in the dialer.
- Restart the phone with the SIM card removed, then re-insert the SIM card and restart again.
None of these steps have helped, and my phone continues to be in roaming. Is there another way to fix this issue? It is very frustrating to be stuck with a Republic phone that cannot use data outside of Buffalo.
I have checked other similar issues on the site and none have any additional information that helps my situation.
Thank you for any and all help with this issue. If I can provide any more data please let me know.