FM Radio Capability

Does the Republic’s Moto G4 Play have FM radio capability?

@ivank.cetnys

It doesn’t look like it does in the spec sheet.

Moto G PLAY (4th Gen.) | Republic Wireless

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Yes, the Republic site does not specify. I looked at several phone comparison sites and commercial sellers. Most say the Moto G4 Play does have FM radio, but a few sites say it does not. If you have such a phone, please let us know. Thanks.

Moto G4 Play, Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus all have FM radios.

See here for details

Motorola Moto G4 Play - Full phone specifications

@amitl

RW usually has the FM radios disabled. If this is the case then it is probably the reason to omit the FM radio in the RW spec sheet. Can you please clarify this with someone so the spec sheet can be corrected or the OP can finally get a definitive answer.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

These are factory unlocked phones, RW shouldn’t be making any changes to them.

I would agree it’s worthwhile for specs published on Republic’s site to be accurate, however, I’m not aware of Republic disabling FM radio on any phone. The manufacturer’s sometimes didn’t wire the hardware otherwise present (Moto X1 and X2) but that’s on Motorola not Republic as far as I know.

RW usually has the FM radios disabled.

We have never disabled the FM radio to my knowledge and I have been here a long time. It is purely up to the Manufacturer. We do not interfere with that.

@seanr

Thanks for clarifying the FM radios aren’t disconnected by RW. As @rolandh has pointed out that the X1 & X2 had radios but they weren’t wired by Motorola. Do any other models have radios in them working or not?

I know this isn’t the 1st time FM radios have been asked about here in the community. I just don’t know how to answer questions when the specs are forgotten or just missed in the full spec sheet RW provides. Do I provide Motonovo specs and not trust RW specs anymore?

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Message an
Expert customer