Four new phones from Motorola added to the Republic Wireless online store!

Republic Wireless is pleased to announce four new phones from Motorola have been added to our online store!

These phones are also supported for BYOP.

A special thanks to our @Moto_G_2021_Beta Early Adopters who tried out their phones for us in advance!

motorola one 5G ace

(Now available for preorder, expected to ship by 2/19/21)

MotoOne5GAceDual2021d-min

Model number XT2113-2

:heavy_check_mark: Over two days of power1
:heavy_check_mark: 6.7” Full HD+ Max Vision display
:heavy_check_mark: 48 MP triple camera system with AI2
:heavy_check_mark: Enhanced gaming with the latest processor

Full Tech Specs are available in our online store.

moto g stylus (2021)

MotoGStylusDual2021a-min

Model number XT2115-1

:heavy_check_mark: Built-in stylus
:heavy_check_mark: 48 MP quad camera system2
:heavy_check_mark: Faster, smoother performance
:heavy_check_mark: 128 GB of storage

Full Tech Specs are available in our online store .

moto g power (2021)

MotoGPowerDual2021c-min

Model number XT2117-4

:heavy_check_mark: Battery life up to 3 days1
:heavy_check_mark: 48 MP triple camera system2
:heavy_check_mark: 6.6" Max Vision HD+ display
:heavy_check_mark: Lag-free performance

Full Tech Specs are available in our online store .

moto g play (2021)

MotoGPlayDual(2021)-min

Model number XT2093-4

:heavy_check_mark: 6.5" Max Vision HD+ display
:heavy_check_mark: Up to three-day battery1
:heavy_check_mark: Super-responsive performance
:heavy_check_mark: 13 MP dual camera system

Full Tech Specs are available in our online store.

1 All battery life claims are approximate and based on the median user tested across a mixed use profile (which includes both usage and standby time) under optimal network conditions. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network and device settings, temperature, battery condition, and usage patterns.

2 The 48MP sensor combines 4 pixels into 1, for an effective photo resolution of 12MP.

We support only the North American Factory Unlocked version of any BYOP phone. We do not support carrier-branded or international variants. Please make certain any phone you are considering for BYOP is supported by installing the Republic Wireless app to check for compatibility, or by consulting our Community guidance at How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone .

8 Likes

I can vouch for the Moto G Power (2021) battery life.

2 Likes

They are all Android 10. Is there any assurance that they can be upgraded to 11?

https://blog.motorola.com/2020/12/21/optimized-for-you-android-11-coming-soon-to-motorola-phones/

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade/g_id/1949

1 Like

Hi. I currently have a Republic Wireless phone – Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (app version 3.28.7.0) with a GSM SIM. It has lasted a LONG time, but it seems to be on its last legs.

I was thinking of buying one of these new Motorola phones from the Republic Wireless store. What I’m not clear on is this: Can I simply take my SIM card out of my Moto X Pure Edition phone and put it in the new phone—so I can keep all my settings, apps, and phone number with Republic Wireless?

(Newbie Confession: This current phone is my first smartphone, so I’ve never had to deal with a new phone!)

Hi @laurelv.zxmud3,

The short answer about moving your SIM is yes, however, when purchasing a phone at Republic’s online store doing so is unnecessary as Republic ships phones with a new SIM preinstalled. More on moving SIMs is linked here:

Further, settings and apps are not stored on a smartphone’s SIM. They’re stored in a smartphone’s internal memory. You’ll be presented with the opportunity to move user content from old to new phone during initial setup of the new phone (just faithfully follow onscreen prompts). Should something get left behind, some additional guidance is here:

4 Likes

rolandh - Thanks for that helpful info.

2 Likes

According to this link:
https://blog.motorola.com/2020/12/21/optimized-for-you-android-11-coming-soon-to-motorola-phones/

The Ace is not on the list to be upgraded to Android 11. For me, to spend the money on the Ace, it would have to have the ability to be upgraded to at least v. 12.

Motorola has promised an upgrade to Android 11. It will not be getting Android 12. Motorola’s standard policy is one major update to mid-range phones. The One Ace is firmly mid-range. (Motorola One 5G Ace review: a weak hand - The Verge)

1 Like

I was looking at the motorola one 5G ace. Motorola’s website says it has 6 gigs of ram and 128 gigs of storage. The link to the details shows it has 4 gigs of ram and 64 gigs of storage. Motorola doesn’t even list the latter phone. Are the specs wrong on your website? I was about to order it but then I saw the difference in specs.

Hi @drog,

The version available in our online store has 4GB of RAM and 64 GB of ROM.

1 Like

Will the version with 6 gigs of ram and 128 gigs of storage work on Republic’s network? It’s only $50 more so it seems well worth it to me.

@drog,
To be honest, I’m having a little trouble understanding their website.

I see where you select 128 GB as the only choice for storage on https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-one-5g-ace/p) but when I look at the specs, I see the same 4/64 specs we have, except for the additional 6/128 specs with an unexplained “NA TMO” note beside them.

Any thoughts here @louisdi?

I was actually nosing around there as you were writing. To me it looks like the 128/6 is a US Factory Unlocked version. After placing it in the cart it has no carrier note and shows the carrier as “Unlocked”. So, I’m speculating that is will work based on what I’m seeing.

1 Like

Interesting.

@drog ,

I’m seeing the same specs (6/128) on the same phone on Amazon, sold by Motorola. In that listing, they provide the Manufacturer’s part number (MPN) of PALK0006US which is one of the MPNs Moto specifically told us would be the same model, compatible with our network.

I’d vote you get it from whichever one has the better return policy, just in case. :grimacing:

If you factor in free overnight shipping (from Moto) or free Prime shipping, you’re bringing that $50 difference down even more.

Your current SIM card (speaking to @drog specifically, not everyone in the world who might read this) can be moved to the new phone, but if you’re wanting to activate it as a new service line instead of a replacement to your existing phone, I’ll be glad to send you a new SIM card.

2 Likes

I’m looking at three phones right now - just wanted to understand what I would be getting with the One Plus 5g Ace. My current phone works fine so I’m not in any rush.

1 Like

From what I’m reading, the North American version is supposed to have 6 gigs of ram and 128 gigs of storage. The international version is supposed to have 4 gigs of ram and 64 gigs of storage. I guess you don’t even have them in stock yet to physically check…

BTW, I just let my prime membership expire. I’m trying to shop at other places whenever I can since Amazon owns 40% of the retail market (which is scary when you think about it).

The screenshot I sent was from the phone I have at my desk. It is the North American version, but it has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of memory.

3 Likes

Amen to that!

Message an
Expert customer