Frequently called list is cleared each morning

What phone do you have? Moto G5plus

What plan are you on? MyChoice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1 GB

Issue Description

For the past 3 days, when I open my frequently called list of phone numbers, it is blank. As I make calls during the day, the tiles get added to the screen. The next morning, they are all gone.

My cellphone suddenly started deleting my frequently called numbers!
Phone app resets most recent call icons under star 2 weeks ago

Speed Dial clears every night. Started Three days ago. Moto G 3rd Generation Android 5.1.1.

Hi @mukjbkrw and @johnh.fhbezt,

I’m not seeing the same behavior on my own phone (anyone else?) and there have been no changes to the operating system or Republic app for the Moto G (3rd Gen). I suppose it’s possible the “Phone” app could have updated on your phones, though I’d expect to see more reports of this behavior if that were the case.

Have you recently installed or updated any apps that claim to reduce clutter on your phone or enhance its speed or battery life?

1 Like

Lorrie and I have the exact type of phone. Her phone does the same. Both phones started this at the same time.

Neither of us has updated any apps?

There is always the possibility that an app that you both have may have been updated by its author?
To check, you can
Access Google Play Store /:menu: Menu / My apps & games / INSTALLED (tab) then sort by Last Updated.

I notice my Moto Z2 Play doing this the last few days haven’t thought much of it [it did bring attention to that a few of the stared contacts had lost their star
I don’t usually use the recent/favorite tab but go into the contract tab

We still have the event/problem. Tried your fix but I do not know or did not see filter for Last Updates Regards

There was an update to the Google Phone App on my LG V40 and I’m now seeing the same behavior there. Part of the update notes read: “Redesigned favorites to make it easier to talk face-to-face with your favorites through one-tap video calling And frequent contacts are suggested to you so it’s easy to add favorites.”

UPDATED TO ADD: It may be unrelated but this is happening widely across most Moto Models, even when they run the Moto Phone App. See this post: Frequently called list is cleared each morning

My guess is since they were working in that area of the app, they broke it.

1 Like

Same problem here. We have a Moto G(android 5.1) and a Moto E.(android 5.1) The frequently called list has been clearing out of both phones for about a week. Speed dial kicks the recent call out within an hour or so.

Many apps have updated over the past few days. We would need to pull a list of all apps from each person’s phone that is having this issue, then compare which apps are in common and then narrow it down to how many of those apps updated just prior to this error occurring. I don’t think that sounds very doable. Is there another solution? Like, from Republic’s side of the issue to determine what might be causing it.

I am running a Moto G5Plus with Android 8.1.0

I’m nearly 100% sure that it is the Google Phone App. The thing that all the phones have in common is that they run the Google Phone App versus things like Samsung phones that run Samsung’s own App. My LG V40 on T-Mobile, which runs the Google Phone App is having the issue as is my son’s Essential Phone which runs the Google Phone App and is on Cricket. The other 4 phones in the house, two on Republic and two on Cricket either have the Samsung Phone App or the LG phone app, and don’t have the issue.

What phone do you have? Moto E4 plus

What plan are you on? My Choice Talk & Text + 1 GB Cell Data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

My phone used to display all my recent calls with the icon of the caller under the star. About 2 weeks ago it started to reset itself daily except for the stared contacts. How can I get the phone to keep all recent calls, with the persons icon, from resetting daily. I did not change any settings in the phone app, that I know of. Thanks for any advise.

Here’s a thread with something similar. Maybe it will help?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and posted the following questions. Thankfully another member saw my post and shared this one with me. So I’m adding my question here.

My phone used to display all my recent calls with the icon of the caller under the star. About 2 weeks ago it started to reset itself daily except for the stared contacts. How can I get the phone to keep all recent calls, with the persons icon, from resetting daily. I did not change any settings in the phone app, that I know of. Thanks for any advise.

thank you for letting me know about the other thread. I cross posted my issue to that thread. maybe it will get some traction there. Thanks again.

Hi @blackdog,

I’ve moved your posts into the existing topic on the matter, so we can focus the conversation in a single place.

thanks - thought i had done this but had 2 screen open and guess I updated my own post. Thanks for correcting. I don’t see any google phone updates. In fact I don’t even see a phone app or google phone app? What else could it be called?

Hi @blackdog,

On every Republic phone I’m aware of the phone app is called “Phone”. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s Google’s Phone app. May we know, the brand, model and generation of the phone you use with Republic?

What phone do you have? Moto E4 plus

What plan are you on? My Choice Talk & Text + 1 GB Cell Data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Message an
Expert customer