G6 and my Win 10 PC

Hello:
I would like to upload photos from my phone to my pc. Instructions include:

1. Plugging my phone into pc via USB…done
  2. Slide down notification bar and choose charging by USB … option isn’t present

I have read a couple Republic articles on the subject and I haven’t found information to help me. Any suggestions?

Lastly, my phone does not show up on my pc. Which may be part of my problem. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading and taking the time to help me out.

kelley r

Hi @joker_1,

This would be my first guess:

Please let us know if another cable (one that not only charges but handles data) works. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reaching out.

I purchased my phone from republic so I shouldn’t have to worry about it being locked … correct.

I am using the USB cable that came with the phone. Shouldn’t this cable be able to handle charging and data? The suggestion to try a different cable was in other articles that I read. I don’t mind trying a different cable but what kind?

Yes, and that is not an issue with this problem. :slight_smile:

Yes, it should.
Have you connected to this PC (or any PC), with this phone and cable before? :thinking:

• Give another cable, if you have one a try and see what happens.

• Check the phones port to make sure lint or other fuzzy things are not interfering with the cable connection.

• Try plugging the USB plug into a different USB port of the PC.

• Restart both phone and PC and try again.

1 Like

Super T, you are a genius. I the cable connections had lint or fuzzy things. It is now working! Thank you so much for replying to my question and the patience to stick with me.

kelley r

2 Likes

Aww, you’re most welcome @joker_1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer