Get rid of junk calls on my motor first generation

What phone do you have? Moto x first gen

What plan are you on? wifi and cell talk and text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? just talk and text

Issue Description

junk calls increasing daily. how do I lim it them on the moto x. use to be one or two a day now its 10 or 15

Hi @baynej,

The older version of Android running on the Moto X1 has no call blocking tools other than individually blocking (sending to voicemail) after the fact. In others words, whack-a-mole. Nor, does the older version of the Republic app running on a Moto X1 offer call blocking tools. Neither the version of Android or the Republic app on a Moto X1 can be updated to something newer offering call blocking tools.

Your best bet would be to see if there’s a third party call blocking app that would work with the X1’s older Android version. Some potential candidates are linked here: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=call%20blocking%20app&c=apps.

thank you

1 Like

You may also be able to ask Republic Wireless to switch your underyling number to another one. (I believe every Republic Wireless phone has 2 numbers: your main number + and underlying number).

If your underlying number is changed, this may or may not help to reduce your spam calls.

I personally try for the most part to not answer a call that’s not in my contact list. Many times, I’ll let it go to my voicemail, and in my voicemail, I encourage people to text me because I’ll typically respond to texts faster. I figure if someone leaves me a personal voicemail and/or texts me, they’re less likely to be a spammer, and I save time from having to answer spam calls.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer