Getting just outline of RW arc often

The Republic Arc provides the status of the connection and it’s current capabilities.
Open, Filled in, green, blue or gray and additional verbiage the Notification that is behind the Status will provide quite a bit of information.
For details see:

1 Like

Good to know I’m not the only one having this problem.

Thanks, @jben. I know what the symbols mean, but am curious to know why there’s suddenly a switching back and forth between filled and unfilled arc. It may be very light gray, but it appears white to me. I have noticed the arc will often be filled in when I bring my sleeping phone back to life, but will then revert to just the outline after a couple of seconds.

Same issue here. Not a big deal. But noticing it more. Just raising a hand for the issue.

I don’t really view it as a problem. Just a status indication.

When the phone is sleeping for a period of time it will go into ‘Doze’ mode to preserve battery, here is a link to the Help Doc that explains that this shuts off the WiFi: What is Android's Doze Mode? – Republic Help

4 Likes

Yes, I already have Macrodroid set to wake the phone every 50 minutes. Having the RW arc frequently going into outline is a problem I’ve had for only the past 2 or 3 weeks. It rarely did it before then.

You may want to try the suggestion I provided to you above, download the Alternative Method per the writeup. Different devices fail differently

2 Likes

Thanks, @jben. Done. I hope it works.

EDIT: +16 hours and it seems to be working so far. Thanks for the suggestion.

If it does fail, providing a screen shot of the last couple pages of logs might help me figure out where I can improve it

• To access logs in MacroDroid hit the :menu: Hamburg Menu in the App then "User Log’
2 Likes

I believe it’s fixed now. Thanks again.

1 Like

In order to save battery, I often turn my Moto G6 on airplane mode and then turn WiFi back on. When my phone is in that state, will it still turn off WiFi while in Doze mode?

I can’t find any mention of Doze not kicking in when in Airplane Mode + WiFi, but will test as soon as my MXP battery gets s bit more charge in it

2 Likes

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> select gear icon -> keep Wi-Fi on during sleep
seem to work for me (moto g4, Android 7)

When you place a RW phone in Airplane Mode, the RW App will indicate Airplane Mode, when you enable WiFi it will not change (excerpt below from See What are the Connectivity Status Notifications? – Republic Help)

Airplane Mode : Not connected to the cellular network

• Airplane mode is enabled. This state is unaffected by WiFi being enabled and/or being connected for Republic calling.

As near as I can tell from running MacroDroid and checking its logs, it appears the Doze problem is still present and the current ‘fix’ still works

• The only thing that I can say for sure is that if the phone is plugged in, it will not go into Doze Mode (and this is also documented by
    Google

If you you leave the phone idle and face up for at least 60 min then pick it up and watch the RW Status. If it is initially Open and then immediately goes Solid … it was dozing

This has been happening to me as well as the others in my family with RW phones. On my daughters, the arc is completely missing!

Hi @lisaw.ta82jx,

I believe what you’re describing for your daughters is explained here:

She’d like to have the notification back. Quite frequently at school, the WIFI goes in and out. With the notification, she was able to know whether this was happening. Now she has no way of knowing. The notification is checked off in the settings, and yet she can never see it. One result of this is that she goes through data quickly because sometimes when the WIFI goes out, she needs to manually turn it off and on to get it to work again. Without having the notification, she is often not on WIFI without knowing it.

Hi @lisaw.ta82jx,

If completely missing check the Advanced settings in the RW app and notifications in the Phone Settings.

The white solid arc notification should remain viable unless you swipe down and clear the wordy notification is cleared or it changes to the white arc outline due to losing the WiFi connectivity. If its inadvertently cleared you can toggle WiFi and it will return.

:flight_departure:

Message an
Expert customer