Getting message "Calls on cell. No access to voicemail and messages"- what does this mean?

What phone do you have? Pixel 3

What plan are you on? My Choice 4.0, Talk and Text plus 1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? includes 1 GB

Issue Description

I keep getting the above message. I have LTE Data showing, no wifi bit I get a message that I have no access to voicemail or text messages. Arc above it clear. Messages comes and goes. But always when I am not on wifi and LTE shows.

There is a help article for that, well OK, not exactly for that. Try the steps in the article. Also make sure that your cellular data is not restricted (make sure it’s turned on):

1 Like

That article mentioned it occurring when connected to WiFi. I am only getting the message when I am connected to LTE Data. Is the root cause the same?

I

It’s possibly the same cause. As far as an issue with cell data, it is turned on, correct?

As well as that, check:

Google Pixel 3 - Turn Data On / Off

1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up to display all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings Settings app icon > Network & Internet Network and Internet icon > Data usage Data usage.
  3. Tap the Mobile data switch to turn on On icon or off Off icon.
    Note If prompted, tap OK to confirm.

Yes, I definitely have data turned on. I don’t get the message constantly. Seems to occur when I a traveling and I move off of wifi and onto LTE Data. One time I restarted my phone and then I got the normal calls and messages over cellular.

It seems to be a hiccup when my phone moves off of public WiFi and back to LTE Data.

I will try the suggestions on the original article next time I see it.

Just to update. Resetting the network settings seems to have done the trick.

Message an
Expert customer