Getting texts that came when I had no phone

What phone do you have?
Moto G5plus
What plan are you on?
Talk and Text only
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

I recently ruined my Moto G3 trying to change the battery which was overheating and only lasting a few hours. Fortunately I backed up my call log and sms history which restored perfectly on the used Moto G5 plus I bought and activated. My problem is that I did not receive any texts from the 4 days when I had no phone even though my account and number were still active. I expected that when I activated the new phone I would receive all my texts that came during those 4 days but there were none. I do live in a roaming area if that has something to do with it.

Hello @ians.bqk88c

as you state you have a back up the best way to recover text may be to use Republic Anywhere and re-sync which will grab the last 30 days (and blow away all before) then do recovery from you backup and should be good to go.

in anywhere on the top conversation view tap the :dots: menu in the upper right and then go to setting, in the setting menu there will be a sync now option.

after word you can switch back to the default Messages by google or us Republic Anywhere as you texting app.

Message an
Expert customer