Giving son my MotoG (1) when I upgrade to new phone

I currently have a 1st Gen MotoG with the $10 plan. I want to give the phone and plan to my son with a brand new phone number. At the same time, I want to port my existing number to a new RW phone and plan. I am concerned I will do things in the wrong order and lose the $10 plan or my existing phone number. What is the proper way to do it?

1 Like

When you buy the new phone, it will only be eligible for the new My Choice plans. The first gen Moto G will still be eligible for the plan it’s on now. When you activate the new phone, you will activate as an upgrade and your number on the Moto G will transfer to the new phone very quickly. When the Moto G is activate as a new line, it will be assigned a new number.

See Change Phones and Keep Your Number

Hi @willt

Just to reassure you and along with @beachb’s excellent advice, your legacy G1 will activate on the base plan (1.0/2.0), it is ‘grandfathered’, and can be activated with a new number.

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s a good reason why my links don’t show up in a pretty frame, like yours. But, I don’t know what that reason is. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

See

beachb,

Do you see the difference?

Hitting return after see and placing the link on it’s own line expands it.
:airplane:

3 Likes

Got it. Thanks.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer