Glad to hear LG Stylo 5 is supported; how about the Sony Xperia?

wow!! that’s good to hear! hopefully this means the lg g8 is being considered as well? maybe a sony xperia too? wink wink nudge nudge

Sony has announced a focus on only 5 countries for their mobile phones. The US is not one of these countries. This is because in the past few years Sony has sold less phones in the US than the number of hamburgers the average American consumes in a year.

i still see the Xperia 1 and 10 phones on display at every Best Buy around me, right next to Galaxys, Pixels, and iPhones. They also sell their newer Xperia 5 in the US as well. And sony has said they did testing with their Xperia pro phone that is coming out soon on Verizon’s 5G network, so it doesn’t sound like they are leaving the U.S…

Here’s a snippet from Yahoo Finance from a Feb 24th article " Xperia 1 II comes with Android™ 10 and will be available in the U.S. market in 2020. Xperia 1 II will be available for purchase unlocked from Sony authorized retailers and will be compatible with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket and MetroPCS networks."

more yet, they have active Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages for US focused Xperia marketing -->https://twitter.com/SonyXperiaUS

Doesn’t sound like something they’d do if they were going to pull out of the U.S. What’s the problem with having more choice and more competition in the phone marketplace? Why does it always sound like people disregard manufacturers that aren’t Apple, Google, and Samsung? I don’t like hearing those kind of sentiments

Often, because in the U.S. market market share breaks out largely as:

1. Samsung
  2. Apple
  3. Everyone else

Despite the above observation regarding market share, nothing.

in the past few years Sony has sold less phones in the US than the number of hamburgers the average American consumes in a year.

That is such a bogus thing to say

1 Like

Q4 2019 US Marketshare: Apple 49%, Samsung 20%, LG 9%, Motorola 8%. All others combined 14%. Sony sold 900,000 phones GLOBALLY in Q4 with the US not in their top 5 markets. I stand by the statement.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer