Google is abandoning desserts!

It appears it is official, Android Q will be called Android 10. (https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/22/20827231/android-10-q-google-name-officially-announced-new-logo-wordmark-desserts) Other than the fact that they’re jumping on the 10 bandwagon (along with OS X and Windows 10, etc) what does everyone think?

1 Like

I’m definitely sad about it, having followed Android since their Beta days. But I think it logically makes sense from a business perspective. Especially with Android being a global brand.
Nonetheless, I’ll miss the guessing game every year trying to figure out what sweet treat they are going to use. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I’ll miss the fun names (and the contests).

I do understand that many of the names didn’t translate well into other languages/cultures.

1 Like

I think this is an important step that will allow the majority of users the ability to do feature/function comparisons when reviewing new connected devices.

• WiFi recently did the same, so we don’t have to know that 802.11ax is WiFi6 and 802.11a really came about after 802.11b (and includes both 2.4 & 5Ghz)
  • Now if the Cell industry could ever agree on what each of their G’s really mean :slight_smile:
1 Like

Ha! The day this happens is the day the world ends. :joy:

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer