Google messages problems receiving messages

What phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy S8

What plan are you on? My Choice Plus 1Gb data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? includes data

Issue Description

Some text messages are not being delivered to me, I only receive a link to download the message. Clicking the link only starts the icon churning, the image (or text) never downloads.

I’m using Google Messages. My wife is on a RW Talk & Text plan only, and she’s receiving these texts when they’re group texts (sent to a list of text numbers).

For some reason, the group text messages are being split into single messages (for me, not for my wife) from each member of the group that replies, and the message only comes as a download as described above.

Not sure if this is in any way connected, but around the same time as this started, texting with another RW user, he told me that the texts were coming through with a totally different phone number than mine - still in the same area code, just not my number.

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed Google messages, and rebooted my phone multiple times, but no luck on this so far. Any suggestions?

Hi @jamesb.pddrxm,

Have you tried this: refresh the republic activation?

Thanks, I have (now) tried this, doesn’t seem to have made a difference though. One additional symptom is that I can’t seem to send texts with pictures. This was the only test I have performed so far, but it fails as well, indicating only “sending…” - never completes.

Thanks, @jamesb.pddrxm,

Let’s try the following steps:

1. Uninstall the Republic app (use the Play Store app)
  2. Reboot the phone
  3. Re-install the Republic app.

Thank you @southpaw - that seems to have fixed the problem of sending texts with pictures. I still am unable to download the texts from the group (from earlier in the week), but I’ll try to get a message sent to me from there to test that portion out.

Thanks for your help so far!

1 Like

All seems to be working again - thanks for your help @southpaw !!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer