Google messenger not sending texts on pixel 3a.. works for some contacts but not others

What phone do you have? pixel 3a

What plan are you on? 1g data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

issue description

Within the last week some messages will list as being sent from the text q, but the contact does not receive them, or receives them a day or two late. I have tried to delete and re-enter the contact information, but that does not fix the problem. I had the recipient do the same, still no dice.
Some online help forum said try the republic anywhere app, however some of those people said they had similar problems. Those were different phone models though.

Can you check something? Please open the Messages App an on the main screen click the three dots on the top right and then select “Settings”. When you do the top option should be “Chat Features”, please click that. What does it say there?

It says “Chat features are unavailable for this device…”

Ok good, that’s what it should be. Have you been able to detect any pattern about those not getting your texts? For instance, are that all in one area code, all use the same cell company, all have iPhones?

No I have not noticed a pattern. It has only been two contacts and they have a Moto and an iPhone and are in different area codes…

Hi @erinz,

If this issue hasn’t cleared up, please open a ticket and give some examples of very recent text messages that your recipients did not receive.

Our help team would need to know the number you were texting from, the number you were texting to, and the time your phone indicates the text message was sent.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I dropped my phone and the screen is not cracked, but display is not functioning at all. It is currently at a repair shop. If the problem persists when I get the phone back, I will be back in touch. Thanks again for checking back in with me.

1 Like

Ok, so my phone is now repaired and is still having the same issue of not being able to communicate with only one contact. I really can’t understand how this could just happen suddenly. I had the recipient check her phone to make sure that she had not blocked my number which she hadn’t. I am able to receive texts from her. The number I am trying to text is■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ An example of a recent text that I texted and she did not receive was on 10/1 at 7:19 p.m.

I have already tried to delete her as a contact and re-add and that did not help the problem. Do you have any suggestions what I can try next? Thank you!!

Hi @erinz,

I think the next step is to open a Help Ticket with some very clear information. Please don’t post this information in Community or by E-mail reply. Log in at https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/requests and submit the information as a Help ticket so you’ll be working with our technicians.

Please include the following:

1. That you’re having this problem with only one contact
  2. That you’ve checked the contact’s phone and you’re not blocked
  3. Some recent examples of text messages you sent but she did not receive, providing the number you are texting from, to, and the time the text message was sent.

You might also ask your friend to contact her provider and find out why text messages from your number are not being received.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer