Google Password Issues on Preowned Pixel Phone

I bought a used Google Pixel phone and I’m trying to set it up on Republic. The problem is that when I try to set up the phone, “Verify your account,” and put in my Google account information, it says that I need the username that was previously used on the phone. I believe this happens with most android devices that use Google.

It says that you have to wait 24 hours, due to a recent password change. It’s been several days though. This problem seems so widespread, it’s hard to believe there isn’t a simple solution or resource on what to do. Obviously I don’t have the previous Google account information used on this phone. What should I do?

You’ve got a phone that’s been locked by the kill switch. There’s no way around it. You need to return the phone to wherever you bought it.

@joshw.hdn1r5

As @louisdi has said the phone is locked by the kill switch. The previous owner has to unlock the phone or give up the email account and password to unlock the phone. Returning the phone is best if the previous owner can’t be located. If you don’t return the phone you have a nice brick to put on the mantel.

Message an
Expert customer