Google Pixel 3 photo samples

Please share photos taken on your Pixel 3 as replies in this topic.

Remember the following guidelines:

1. No photos of people.
  2. Keep it “rated G”, please.
  3. Submit only your own, original photos.
  4. By submitting your photo, you understand that the photo is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the photo to demonstrate phone camera quality.

Helpful information to include:

1. A description of the environment and/or how quickly the phone was able to take the photo
  2. Any special settings or special effects you used
  3. If you used a third-party camera app, tell us about it
  4. Any post-production edits you made to the photo

Pixel 3
Landscapes and scenery - cloudy day, no flash
Not edited
Looking out my patio door the other day

1 Like

Pixel 3
Not edited.
Landscapes and scenery - night photography, no flash (or maybe Objects)?
Taken with Night Sight feature (disables flash)
There is only one wall light about 30feet away on the house, illuminating this part of yard, it was nightime out. It a remaining tree trunk that got partially blown over during a storm and tree was cut down. To the naked eye, this area was far darker and in normal camera mode, the resulting pic was very dark, this good example of Google’s Software magic.

Pixel 3
Not edited.
Objects - low light (don’t recall if flash used, I think so)
My folks back deck and lights, just before dusk.
Surprised at how just a quick snapshot even facing spotlight, the phone did very good job first time.

Pixel 3 Night Sight mode, through a dirty window and with digital zoom.
Night photography. Miscellaneous?

At 3am, there was a crash on the major hwy that is a block or 2 away from my apartment complex. Was trying to capture the squad cars and crash from stairwell window, but the lights from the car dealership in between, as the very dirty 3rd floor window, made for not optimal image clarity. Still, quite impressive this phone can get this decent of photos under poor conditions.

1 Like

Landscapes and scenery - bright sunlight

Pixel 3 with Google Photos auto enhancement
Lake Johnson in the morning

Pixel 3
Cargo ship heading for port in Southport, NC

Animals - bright sunlight

Pixel 3
Kraken interrupting a portrait of Olay

Animals - indoors, no flash

Pixel 3 portrait mode
Kraken resting

Objects - indoors, no flash

Pixel 3
Currituck Beach Lighthouse looking up from the bottom towards the top

Miscellaneous

Pixel 3
Close up shot of a firefly

9 Likes

Google Pixel 3
Landscape and scenery - night photograph, no flash
Night Scene setting using the Google Pixel camera app (no post processing):

Same location, same time of day using the Messages app camera (for comparison):

2 Likes

Google Pixel 3
Miscellaneous
Raindrops (Zoom in, the detail is amazing!)
Outdoor/cloudy day

6 Likes

Google Pixel 3
Landscape and scenery - bright sunlight
No post processing, just the app’s HDR+ setting.

5 Likes

Google Pixel 3
Objects - low light with flash (this picture had more lighting than the ones below; there were some lamps on in the room)
Look how little flash shadow there is! I’d never used the flash on this phone before. I’m quite impressed!

Special category for Google Pixel: low light without flash! :sunglasses:

For comparison, this shows the actual level of lighting in the room. The objects from the above picture are circled.

2 Likes

Google Pixel 3
No post-processing
(Took several pictures today…it was SO HARD to pick just one. I love my phone’s camera!)

So easy to make a panorama on a Pixel (and no funky splice lines)! Click the shutter once and start turning. The camera tells you if you’re turning too fast or not level. You can even view it with a VR headset to look around the whole scene!

vr

2 Likes

Google Pixel 3
Animals - cloudy day, no flash
(Fully zoomed in, so not as sharp/detailed as I’d like, but no post processing.)

2 Likes

Wow, I’m amazed by so many awesome photos!

Phone: Pixel 3
Category: Landscapes and scenery - cloudy day, no flash
Notes: a cloudy evening with bizarre storm clouds. I changed the exposure to -4.0 (which is why it looks dark). I was able to capture the lightning bolt on the Pixel 3 because it saves a snippet of time, not just the instant I click the camera button. Otherwise, no editing.

11 Likes

Now that the contest is over I can post the rest of the cool pictures I took recently. :grin:
Google Pixel 3, no post processing

5 Likes

Dreary day with a Google Pixel 3 - normal camera setting (NOT portrait :open_mouth:), no post-processing

2 Likes

Some awesome shots, whats the mountain range in the background (2nd in this series)?

That picture was taken on the Dungeness Spit in Washington State. They are the Olympic Mountains kinda in the direction of Sequim/Port Angeles.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer