Google Pixel 4a is now supported for BYOP

If you’re questioning whether or not Google actually does 2-day shipping, the last time I ordered my phone did indeed arrive 2 days after my shipping notification. As with any company and transport method, covid could have an impact on delivery time.

That’s so great to hear. Thank you!

Great news! I have my Pixel 4a on order. I currently have a Moto G5S Plus with a GSM sim card. Based on the below thread I should be able to use the old sim in the Pixel 4a correct?

Hi @kaitlynm.wpjm5n,
Welcome to to the Community!

Yep! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

I currently have the Moto X4 on a CDMA SIM. If I understand it correctly, CDMA SIMs are tied to the IMEI of the device meaning that I would not want to put my current SIM in the 4a. Since CDMA coverage is better in my location I would be putting a ticket in requesting one (once I have the IMEI).

Do I need to order the BYOP SIM for the 4a if I will be requesting a CDMA SIM?

That is correct, @RyanK15. You must request a CDMA SIM for the new phone from Republic staff if you are purchasing the phone from another vendor.

You’ll find instructions for doing that at the link here: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help

If I purchase a BYOP Pixel 4a, can I request a CDMA sim card? My zip 05701 is not GSM friendly.

Hi @brimstone,

Yes, you can request one here:

I also have a G5S Plus and am considering getting a Pixel 4A. How would I know if I have a GSM sim card or need to order the SIM kit from RW?

Hi @gregk.88silz,

Please see this:

Please don’t place an order for a SIM card. If your current card is GSM, you can move it. If the current card is CDMA, you’ll want to contact the coverage team as described in the Help Article posted by @SuperT.

Thank you… very helpful!

1 Like

Is there a map of nationwide coverage with this SIM card? I’m only temporarily living somewhere and I don’t want to need to replace everything if I move. I’ll admit that I don’t really understand the different SIM cards you are talking about either.

Sorry, I know the info is probably somewhere, but I just ordered a Pixel 4a. It’s a big step up for me. I have a Moto E4. So, woo-woo.

Anyway, just want to confirm that I can move my SIM card from my Moto E4 to my Pixel 4a. Again, sorry if it’s already somewhere in the community. This is a big splurge for me and I want to make sure I’m ready for the phone when it comes in

Signed,
Nervous

It’s actually in this thread. Just go thru the info in the previous posts above this.
Also this:

Message an
Expert customer