Got new phone, but want to keep my old plan

I joined Republic Wireless in June 2013 with a Moto G (generation 1). I have an old plan that is only $10/month. It includes all text and talk, but no data. I need wifi.

I just bought the Moto G (generation 5) from amazon. I was trying to set it up, but it looks like my only option is to switch to the new plan that is $15/month. All text and talk, but no data.

I want to keep the same plan with the same original price. Is that possible?

All new phones require the My Choice plans (Affordable, No-Contract Cell Phone Plans | Republic Wireless). It is not possible to keep your existing plan.

Here’s Republic’s official answer: “Republic Wireless My Choice plans are an entirely new offer and have tons of new features like wider range of phones, more timely phone launches, faster Android updates, and a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) experience. With these features, we’ve also made changes to price points.”

Hi @adamz.ui1tfi!

The simple answer is no. Please see this document: (Archived) Why Do I Have to Choose a New Plan When Purchasing a New 3.0 Phone? – Republic Help . Although it is referring to 3.0 phones, it still applies.

mb2x

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.