I’ve never seen “WiFi calls, messages & data” on any of my Republic phones. I have seen “Cell calls, WiFi messages and data”, which means exactly what it says. Calls would be routed over cell with text messages and data using WiFi. Typically, one sees this when the WiFi network one is connected to is blocking Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). VoIP is the technology that powers Republic’s WiFi calling.
If you’re able to consistently reproduce “WiFi calls, messages & data”, I would suggest starting with an uninstall followed by a reinstall of both Republic apps. Please note, uninstalling then reinstalling your Republic app’s updates will delete all data in the app. You will no longer be able to see your past cellular usage history. If you want that preserved, please take screenshots. Any configurations you have set, for example, Wi-Fi network auto-joining, saved captive portal authentications and handover management (whitelisting) will need to be reconfigured.
With that said, here are the steps to do so:
- From your home screen, tap on the Play Store app.
- Tap the menu stack (three lines to the left of the words Google play).
- Tap My apps and games.
- Scroll until you see the Republic Wireless app then tap it.
- Tap Uninstall and confirm.
- Reboot your device. This is the crucial step.
- Repeat the first four steps.
- Tap Update, then Accept.
Rinse, wash and repeat for Republic Telephony.