GSM-only "international version" Pixel 3

I missed the boat on purchasing a Pixel 3 before stock ran out on the google store, etc. for the unlocked GSM & CDMA version of the phone. On Amazon and some other vendors they are selling international versions of the Pixel 3 that are labeled GSM-only.

Can anybody help me think through if it would be worthwhile to go this route? My understanding is that I’d only be able to use one of the two networks that Republic partners with? Would the phone be supported at all? Am I not thinking of any other important issues?

Thanks y’all!

Hi @ahuang1 - RW supports only the North American Factory Unlocked version of any BYOP phone. Please make certain any phone you are considering for BYOP is supported by installing the Republic Wireless app to check for compatibility, or consulting our Community guidance on How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone

This document might also help - Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help

3 Likes

Basically if you see "international " or “carrier unlocked” in the description you will immediately know it’s NOT supported. Otherwise just keep looking in the above mentioned linked documents.

Message an
Expert customer