Haptic mute button

The only, yes the only, thing I miss from my old blackberry was the dedicated mute button. Being able to keep the phone to my ear and yet mute or unmute my microphone made conference calls much easier. Today I have to pull the phone away from my ear, then let the screen proximity sensor turn on the screen so I can toggle the software mute button.

What would be awesome would be a haptic mute button or accelerometer mute button. I would like to tap on the back of my phone, while it is on my ear, twice to toggle the mute feature. It would have to have a little mute on, mute off noise to let me know when the mute is on or off.

I was thinking because of the republic wireless hybrid calling that the phone app could be further enhanced by republic for this feature.

Since Republic got out of the ROM their ability to add features to the dialer has decrease (they use the same dialer as the OEM picks)

if your phone has NFC maybe something like this will work

and if the phone does not have NFC there this

Darn. No NFC and I use my phone jack pretty often. I would be afraid of losing the jack plug.

Here’s how to do this.

1. Load this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.homebutton&rdid=flar2.homebutton
  2. Enable it in your Accessibility Settings
  3. Pick a button. I mapped a double click of the volume down button to mute the mic

Works like a charm.