Hardware v. RW network...?

Hi, I have been having some intermittent texting issues with my moto e 2nd gen and with some success I have corrected them however I still experience missed texts. As I said I have opened tickets for suggestions and have implemented the ones you have sent to me up to and including a factory reset. The factory resets I have done have not fixed the intermittent issues though. I am hesitant to do another factory reset as it is disruptive (lost passwords, apps, settings,having to reconstitute everything) and has not lead to a fix in the past.

My question is this. Is the ongoing problem more due to the republic cell network or is it due to my hardware. I fully admit that I usually buy the lowest end phone as the price is attractive. However, if performance will always be compromised on account of my relatively low end hardware buying habits then I will strongly consider upgrading to a much better phone (higher end moto) so that I can get 100% (or near that) service performance with Republic. I do like RW a lot and I don’t want to go elsewhere for service.

Do anyone have insight on my question? thanks.

It’s very possible both conditions are causing this issue. I think my best advice is to look carefully at the coverage for both Sprint and TMobile at the locations where you use the phone the most often. If the cell reception is marginal, then you may still have problems.

When you zoom in and see “good” “fair” in the TMobile coverage map it means crummy reception. coverage map

Note you do have 14 days to try a new phone. Make sure you are careful with it. So if you don’t like it, you can get your money back minus the shipping cost.

Note that the new phones can in theory be used with other carriers. The phones with CDMA and GSM will be usable on more carriers. Also understand, that the cost of service is generally higher with the new phones.

I’ll disagree on the TMO coverage map. “Fair” means crummy, but in my experience “good” means, well good.

I would suggest that you check PSA: Google Messenger Now Android Messages and possibly go to the latest approved code.

However, bear in mind the following (from SMS - Wikipedia )

SMS messages are generally treated as lower-priority traffic than voice, and various studies have shown that around 1% to 5% of messages are lost entirely, even during normal operation conditions,[58] and others may not be delivered until long after their relevance has passed

Message an
Expert customer