Has anyone found a MMS app that works with S7?

I saw the Republic email saying the Android Message app has issues with MMS and pictures which I am experiencing. I switched to Textra based on their recommendation and am still having the issue. Anyone find a texting app that works with MMS pictures?

You may want to review Alternate Text Messaging Apps for Samsung Galaxy S7s posted by @rolandh

Texta does work but you will need to change the MMS Setting from Standard(legacy) to System

Hi @rileyo.vx0t2i ,

If you haven’t recently done so, would you please try rebooting the phone and trying Android Messages again?

I have a data plan, so I just switch to 4g when I need to send a picture, then switch 4g back off. I know this isn’t possible for everyone.

Has anyone tried uninstalling Android Messages and reinstalling? You know the old IT advice: “reboot and see what happens”. Maybe “reinstall and see what happens” might work. I see from the application manager that it can be uninstalled. I would try it but I don’t want to lose my text threads or deal with a backup.

off topic - In the long term, I am hoping something is being done about the interface between the Samsung Messages and the RW app so Samsung users can use the stock app. I have always viewed the fix for using Android Messages as a temporary fix, and now that the temporary fix doesn’t work, I think its time to get Samsung Messages working properly.

I have a data plan, so I just switch to 4g when I need to send a picture, then switch 4g back off. I know this isn’t possible for everyone.

**Has anyone tried uninstalling Android Messages and reinstalling? **

Neither should be necessary. At this time we are seeing Android Messages working as intended after rebooting the phone.

I wonder if Google fixed this. I got an update to it from the Play Store a day or two ago.

Yes, Google fixed this. It was impacting all carriers. The bug tracker shows it resolved for all carriers.

Message an
Expert customer