Has Moto G4 plus 4th gen fixed the following issues?

Does the Moto G4 plus address the following problems I routinely encounter on my Moto G 1st gen?

1. Having to stop apps via settings up to a dozen times before the app actually stops
  2. Sporadic starting of apps when I don’t touch the screen, usually happening when the main screen is enabled and I put the phone face down
  3. Occasionally getting msgs that an app is not responding and having to click WAIT.
  4. Sporadic closing of apps
  5. Eventual loss of connection using the 3.5mm jack?
  6. I’ve also periodically lost saved passwords for wifi networks when I haven’t reset anything on the phone. Has this been corrected?
  7. Sometimes upon logging into a saved wifi network, I’ll be prompted to save actions. Has this “bug” been fixed too?

The Republic app has changed dramatically for the 3.0 phones. So I don’t believe 6 and 7 on your list are part of the Republic app any more.There may an app on Google Play Store that does the same thing.

I’ve never experienced any of your other issues on my 16GB X1. If your G1 is a 8GB model, then I would expect problems due to the lack of memory left in the phone after installing the operating system and all the mandatory apps. So don’t skimp on memory.

At least some of the Moto G4 phones have had defective touch screens. I don’t know how prevalent this issue is, but we have seen a few folks with this issue here on the community forum.

You can go to Amazon and look at the reviews. My rule of thumb for Amazon reviews, 80% or better for four stars and above.

I’ve had the Defy XT, the Moto X (1st Gen), the Moto X (2nd Gen), the G4+ and now a Samsung S7. I’m happy to say that all of these phones have fixed the problems you are having.

1. Having to stop apps via settings up to a dozen times before the app actually stops
    Android OS has improved much and the G1 specs where not that good but most never saw this issue
  1. Sporadic starting of apps when I don’t touch the screen, usually happening when the main screen is enabled and I put the phone face down
    if screen is active then it may be seeing touches when placed face down, I would lock screen before placing face down (or better yet put the phone screen side up (surfaces can scratch the screen)
  1. Occasionally getting msgs that an app is not responding and having to click WAIT.
    with 4 GB of RAM that should not be an issue with the G4+
  1. Sporadic closing of apps
    Android OS has improved much and the G1 specs where not that good but most never saw this issue
  1. Eventual loss of connection using the 3.5mm jack?
    hardware sometimes fails and if lint/debris gets in the headphone jack then the connection may not be good until removed
  1. I’ve also periodically lost saved passwords for wifi networks when I haven’t reset anything on the phone. Has this been corrected?
    This is a Google Issue they are the ones that back up this information (Still happens on My Republic Moto X 2nd and my Wifes unlock GSM Moto X 2nd (seams mostly happens when we run the phone down to zero battery)
  1. Sometimes upon logging into a saved wifi network, I’ll be prompted to save actions. Has this “bug” been fixed too
    I don’t think republic 3.0 does this as it was a buggy 2.0 beta feature that’s been removed
Message an
Expert customer