Have Samsung 7 edge with Verizon...just get sims card?

Our family is wanting to change over to Republic but are stymied with the phones…first mine is a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge. Via the app it says that it is non-compatible. Can I just get a Sims card to make it compatible or is there any other way that buying a new phone?

Thanks for the clarification. Hard when you can’t call and talk to somebody…

Hi @maryw.rq2xc6,

I’m afraid your Verizon branded S7 edge isn’t going to work with Republic. Republic’s blended WiFi/cell service requires one of the carrier agnostic factory unlocked phones listed here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help. You’ll want to be certain the phone you wish to bring is an exact model number (and in some cases build number match) for those listed.

This Republic Help Center document walks you through the entire process of bringing a phone sourced elsewhere to Republic: How to Bring Your Own Phone to Republic Wireless (BYOP) – Republic Help.

I’m starting to understand…I have a Samsung model #SM-G935V and republic supports the #SM-G935U.

So really it’s starting over. Ugh! Is it best to buy one of the phones here or elsewhere?

I believe you’re understanding perfectly.

It depends upon how comfortable one is sourcing compatible phones elsewhere. There’s some excellent advice here: How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone.

That said, in my opinion, the easiest way to guarantee one acquires a compatible phone ready to activate is to purchase from Republic’s online store linked here: Top Android Smartphones, payment plans optional | Republic Wireless.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer