Hello,  Can I order a SIM card amd have it arrive tomorrow (overnight)?  All order screen say ships in 2-3 days..!  Why do you offer overnight shipping?

I am leaving on an international trip this Friday and would like to have a WIFI calling capability.

You can get it overnight from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Republic Wireless SIM Starter Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

One other way to have calling (out) capability over Wi-Fi is to Make a call with Hangouts - Android - Hangouts Help .

Be aware that you will need to complete the activation process while you have native cellular coverage here in the U.S.

Amazon.com: Republic Wireless SIM Starter Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

amazon has a 1 day shipping (get it some time tomorrow if ordered now

it’s $3.99 shipping for Prime members (don’t know cost for non prime

amitl wrote:

Be aware that you will need to complete the activation process while you have native cellular coverage here in the U.S.

I’d like to know more about this. When we got our Defy XT’s during the beta period we did have to have native Sprint coverage in order to activate them. I had to drive 10 miles to activate mine. When the X1 came out I thought the activation was entirely over WiFi. I’ve activated several X1 and X2 models from home with intermittent native coverage that would not work for the Defy XT. When the 3.0 phones came out I understood we could initially activate them over WiFi and that the cellular portion would occur with our first connection to a T-Mobile tower. I activated a G4+ and an S7 with T-Mobile coverage that is even worse than my Sprint coverage. I have no idea what the 3.0 CDMA activation involves.

This was a source of confusion during the initial launch of 3.0 as existing 1.0 and 2.0 plan members who attempted to complete activation on WiFi only…weren’t able to do so.

I suppose if someone didn’t need cellular coverage then they might be able to forego cellular activation until a later time. Any comments @seanr or @southpaw@rw ?

It is not that you are not activated if you only do it over WiFi. It is activated on GSM. The issue is that you will need to get to a GSM tower and reboot the phone for the cellular tower configuration to happen. It does not authenticate with towers until you take that step. It is just easiest to put less caveats in the instructions and confuse people.

@seanr

Sean you probably don’t care about my opinion and that’s ok. Just that one step with the tower probably would have saved a couple thousand support tickets.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

I love your opinions. What would have saved us tickets? I am not following.

seanr wrote:

The issue is that you will need to get to a GSM tower and reboot the phone for the cellular tower configuration to happen. It does not authenticate with towers until you take that step.

seanr wrote:

I love your opinions. What would have saved us tickets? I am not following.

Just that one step with the tower probably would have saved a couple thousand support tickets.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Message an
Expert customer