Hello. My husband is tired of paying big Verizon bills and would like to join Republic Wireless. He would like to switch to my current Motorola phone and transfer his phone number; and I would like to order a new phone from here and transfer my number, wh

Hello. My husband is tired of paying big Verizon bills and would like to join Republic Wireless. He would like to switch to my current Motorola phone and transfer his phone number; and I would like to order a new phone from here and transfer my number, which is on my Motorola right now.
I hope I explained it well.
How do we make that transaction?
Thank you!

This is fairly simple. Just order your new phone. When it arrives and you activate it you will want to take the opportunity the activation procedure offers to replace your current phone. Do that. The number will transfer instantly and the phone you have replaced will be deactivated.

Next, factory reset the phone you have replaced and reactivate it as an additional phone in your account. It will get a new number. When your husband is satisfied that it works OK he can port (transfer) the number on his Verizon phone to it. That process will deactivate his Verizon phone and, if that is the only phone in his Verizon account, his account with them will be closed.

Here are some useful links with details on the process I mentioned above. Pay particular attention to the first link which takes you to the T-Mobile coverage your new phone will have. Make sure it is satisfactory before you order your new phone.

4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

Number Transfers

Activate My Phone

… replace your current phone.
This is the critical step for moving your number to the new phone. It is right under the option to get a new number so don’t let that new # thing distract or confuse you.

Message an
Expert customer