HELP for your Phone? - Alcatel, Google Pixel, Huawei Ascend, Nexus by LG, Motorola or Huawei

getting_help

ETA: change title to call out the non-Moto … please feel free to add any information you can to that already contained in the Comments below

Some Cell phone manufacturers have provided Help functions that are built into their products.
Motorola has done a remarkable job of this, and over the years that I have used their products they just keep improving.

• Currently on Moto products you can find this App :motohelp: in the :appsicon:
    It provides in depth instructions on the many functions, some walk throughs and some additional testing that users can execute to help narrow down failing functions. These are sometimes model specific help or generic, but being the manufacture they should be the best source of ‘How to’ xxx

Request for HELP

• What does your phone manufacturer provide?
    • If user could contribute (by Comments) what they have found for their particular phone (other than Moto), the information you provide as feedback can be consolidated and published in Tips & Tricks - Member Community for use by the whole communityand for reference

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Current Information 3/10/18 (work in progress

Motorola (Link to App in Google Play)

Currently on all phones (AFIK)
Found in :appsicon: looks like :motohelp:

Samsung

Current devices covered

Samsung+ is available in the US only and exclusive to Samsung Galaxy owners on the following devices:
Smartphones:
Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Galaxy S6 (incl. Active), Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+, Samsung Galaxy S5 (incl. Active & Sport), Samsung Galaxy S4 (incl. Active & Mini), Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy J7, Samsung Galaxy J3

Found in :appsicon:
Looks like: :samsung_plus:

Moto G4 all audio dead

I’ve used Moto’s Device Help a number of times with my Legacy and 3.0 phones. It’s well worth becoming familiar with and its icon is residing on one of my screen pages of every Moto phone.

For those who have auto updates disabled there may be a more recent version available with enhanced features. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.genie&hl=en

:flight_departure:

Thanks for the update … now where are the non Moto users who would like to share? :kissing_heart:

Moto G5 Plus sound not working

Well sadly, it appears that either none of the manufactures other than Motorola provide Help Apps on their phone … or possibly no one with a phone other than Moto has seen my plea for info on the Help :thinking:

I heard you but I running a Moto Z2 Play (also a Moto X 2nd)
@billg has a Samsung S7 maybe he can pipe-in

samsung has a hidden test menu

The equivalent app on Samsung phones is Samsung+. It’s generally preinstalled on Samsung’s Galaxy S series. It was not preinstalled on my 2016 Galaxy J3. I don’t know if it’s preinstalled on the 2017 Galaxy J series phones.

If Samsung+ isn’t preinstalled, it’s available at Google Play:

Pro tip, if Google Play says one’s Galaxy phone is incompatible as it claims my 2016 Galaxy J3 is; get it from Samsung using the Galaxy Apps app on the phone.

The Samsung S7 has a Help feature in Settings:

Here are the topics:

It’s not universal. My guess is it’s limited to the Galaxy S series. The option doesn’t exist on the 2016 Galaxy J3. Limiting a seemingly basic feature to only its flagships is among some of Samsung’s more frustrating behavior.

I edited my post.