Help! I had wasted 2 sim cards in 3 months

Help! I had wasted my 2 sim cards in 3 months.

I travel internationally. One of the reasons that I got the RW 3.0 plan is that I want to use the same phone in different countries. This way I can only change sim cards everywhere I go and don’t have to worry about changing phones because I have everything on the same phone.
In order to have my friends and family call me easily, I kept my old Moto G and activated it using the RW 2.0 wifi only plan as a back-up with me so I can talk to people when I have wifi available.

In the past 2 trips my idea of swapping plans really gave me headaches. After trips I put my RW sim card in my phone. The phone doesn’t recognize the sim card and forced me to buy a new card. I was told that if I deactivate the sim card for 20 days, i will not be able to use it anymore. (this is really strange! I never had this problem with other carriers before. ) However, one of my trip was only 10 days. I encountered same problem as well.

It looks like that I have to buy new sim card every time I swap plans between RW3.0 and RW2.0.
Is there anybody encounter similar situation and found a solution to it?

Help!

If you are unable to activate a SIM card that was deactivated within the past 20 days…then you should submit a help ticket and Republic support should be able to sort it out for you.

As a matter of future convenience though…instead of swapping between 2.0 and 3.0…you can simply keep your RW line active on the SIM card…and swap your 3.0 SIM card in for the
international SIM card in the same phone when you want to use it over WiFi to call/text US/Canada numbers. That should save you the hassle of going back and forth between 2.0 and 3.0.

1 Like
closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer