Help! Internet fails even when on WIFI. Dropped calls. Navigation quits!

What phone do you have?
Moto G (3rd generation)
What plan are you on?
WiFi and Cell Talk and Text and 3G Data (Moto G) (3rd Gen.)
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data, talk, and text

Issue Description

My phone has stopped loading any webpages, even when I’m on wifi. I used to be able to turn the wifi off and the page would load, but now, nothing works, not even on my home wifi network! Navigation and gmail apps still seem to work, but the navigation will turn off if I am on a phone call at the same time. I also frequently get disconnected when I’m on a call either cell or wifi. Help! I don’t know how to fix the problem and I’m considering dropping republic, despite having been a customer for years because my data and internet has become so unreliable!

When the internet fails while on WiFi what is the status of the white arc? With respect to cell, what is your ZIP code or the route that you are traveling on? This could be a Sprint problem.

The white arc is full and filled in and my phone says I’m connected. 55417 is the zip is, but it happens while driving in that area, so I’m potentially changing zip codes.

1 Like

The solid white arc tells me the phone is capable of communicating with RW’s servers so it should be able to fetch data too when connected to WiFi. Your ZIP has good Sprint coverage but navigation can be spotty moving among buildings in the twin cities due to RF shadows. I live in MN too but closer to Detroit Lakes.

So what can I do?

The problems you mention can have very different causes. Let’s look at the WiFi aspect first.

What happens when you go to Chrome and then to, say, republicwireless.com?

If you go to the Republic app what does it say in the information strip that displays your connection status?

1 Like

Hi @megsmigs,

Please let us know if you’d like to continue troubleshooting these diverse issues. I think @billg is on a good track with you by focusing first on the Wi-Fi issues, then tackling the cellular issues separately.

I see that you also opened a ticket (1355104) on these issues, which is awaiting your response. Please let me know if you are having trouble accessing that information.

Hello! Thank you for the suggestion to clear my cache. I figured it out but I didn’t realize I would lose all my pictures in WhatsApp. That was very disappointing.

I’m still having trouble with things like the search bar not loading or searching even when on wifi. Are there any other things that could help with my internet performance?

Try this:

Go to Chrome
tap on 3 dots top-right
scroll down to History and tap on that
Tap on Clear Browsing Data

That might help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer