Help me choose my next phone :)

Hello to all who know soooo much more than I do about phones!!! (Which is everyone.) I have a dying Moto E4 right now, and I’m constantly having to delete an app or photos because of small storage space.

Can you suggest what I should get next? Looking for low-ish cost, good camera, better storage than the Moto E4, NOT interested in 5G, NOT interested in health or tracking apps.

If you’d like to chime in, please do!

Hi @chrisk.t3iel2,
Welcome back to the Community! :slight_smile:

My 2cents…
I would look at either the Pixel a series (If the price is in your realm), or the new moto e.

The moto e has more memory than your E4 and it has a SDcard slot to add more if needed :slight_smile:
And a great price too!

2 Likes

Thanks for your helpful response!

1 Like

Do you know if the newer Moto E allows you to put apps on the SD card? I’ve heard someone say it will take only photos, etc. Thanks.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This might help you as well…
If you use Google Photos to backup your pictures on your phone, you can then free up space on your phone (either the new or the old one).
This setting is located in the Google Photos app. By choosing “High Quality” you can back it all up without cost or using up your given Google drive space.

This document can help:

You know, I’m not sure. :face_with_monocle:
Its manual makes it sound like only data and not apps (as you say).

Tell you what, I got a moto e and an SDcard here… let me see if it lets me format the card as internal storage. I’ll let you know here in this thread soon. :slight_smile:

Added:
The card cannot be formatted as part of the internal storage. The phone will auto-mount the card as portable when inserted.

1 Like

Thanks for the info on photo quality! I didn’t know that, and now it’s done! :smiley:

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer