Help me find an easy-to use Motorola phone

I want to buy a new phone. presently I have a motorola G4 but battery life is not long enough. I want another motorola. Can you tell me specifics about the different motorola phones available. I want an easy to use phone or as easy to use as they come.

We just upgraded to the Moto G Stylus. It’s been really easy to use. Great battery life on it, if I’m not doing too much I can squeeze 2 days out out of it. The stylus feature is really good for taking notes, but I find myself using it to play games, too. Little bit of a learning curve do to the elimination of the back and home buttons, but that wasn’t too bad.

3 Likes

If one prefers, these may be restored as follows:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap System
  3. Tap Gestures
  4. Tap System navigation
  5. Select 3-button navigation

A note on the above; the steps apply specifically to a Moto G Stylus (and other 2020 Moto G series phones) running Android 10. They do not necessarily apply to other Republic compatible phones.

5 Likes

What is the price of the moto G stylus, approximately? Is there one Motorola phone that is very easy to use?

Hi @teenap.5kpvsf,

The Moto G Stylus is $299 at Republic’s online store. There’s no real difference among Motorola phones in terms of ease of use. The user interface on one newer Motorola phone is substantially the same on other newer Motorola phones.

Since you mention a Moto G4, I would suggest one of the Moto G series phones (Moto G Fast, Moto G Power or Moto G Stylus). The version of Android on all three is the same. While that version will have its differences from the older version on your Moto G4; I’m confident if you’re patient with yourself and with the help of the Community (if needed), you’ll quickly learn your way around.

1 Like

Are these Motorola phones easy to set up. I had a terrible time setting u

Hi @teenap.5kpvsf,

I would say new phone setup has gotten considerably better with newer phones than it was with older phones like your Moto G4. It’s a matter of following the on screen prompts presented on the phone after powering it on. Again, however, there isn’t one Motorola phone that would be easier to setup than another Motorola phone.

1 Like

Thank you for the information.

1 Like

You are a phone wizard! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just bought a Moto G7 Power for my wife, she loves it. That’s saying something, as she normally would not have much of a reaction as long as a device is working (I frequently say that she could be driving a vehicle with the steering wheel upside down and wouldn’t care as long as the vehicle was running). The phone processor is very fast, the screen is big, and the battery will last 2-3 days, depending on use. I bought it as “New, open box” for $130 on Ebay. Amazon also has it new for $179

2 Likes

The Moto G7 Power, :smiley: and it’s ‘days’ of battery-life, is great!..(especially if your a ‘low-power’ user).

Thank you for the information.

It took me about 10 minutes to set the phone up and maybe another hour or two to transfer old messages to the new phone. It’s gotten easier over the years. The how to guide that republic includes with phones bought from them is very helpful.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. I am going to buy a new phone.

2 Likes

I also have a Moto G4 that I bought from Republic over 4 years ago and love it. My battery was also going bad. I bought another off of Ifixit.com in June and it is back to working well. I bought the Moto G4/G4 Plus Replacement Battery / Fix Kit 1 x $39.99
I am very happy with my purchase. I did the replacement myself, all 18 or so screws to open it.
You might want to consider that option.

2 Likes

I’ve had as many as 9 phones on my account since 2013.
That said 6 moved off to create their own accounts.
I’ve been involved with the purchase, set up and use of the Motorola Moto series x, 2x, 4x, g, g3,g4,g5,g6,g7, zplay, z3 play and probably a few I’ve missed.
We have enjoyed all the Moto phones. Affordable, sturdy, easy to navigate.
We’ve saved so much over 7+ years on the Motorola phones and republic wireless that I upgraded my wife and myself to the pixel 4xl when on sale here for $499.
I’ve loved the moto x and moto 4x and now I’ll never get anything but a Google product.
Absolutely, incredible phone. Connectivity is hands down the best I’ve seen and used on republic wireless. No more robo calls.
I’m sure that you will enjoy the Motorola phones and then you can look forward for the pixel in the future.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer