Help me select a phone

I’ve got an old Samsung S5 as my work phone and I’d like to get something similar to it (I have one of the moto E on RW). I don’t like the limited RAM in the E and would like to get something with more RAM, SD slot expansion and CDMA and GSM capability. I’m not Ansel Adams, so a basic camera is fine with me. Battery life is important.

What would you recommend and where would you purchase it from? I’d prefer not to spend more than $350

Thanks and HNY!

Hi @syfr!

Phones that are compatible with both CDMA and GSM can be found here. With that being said, I think your best bets would be the Moto G5S Plus and Moto G5 Plus. Both are compatible with CDMA and GSM and both have at least 3gb of RAM. Both are also under $350 new and they both have Micro SD expansion. I hope that helps!

mb2x

Echoing @mb2x 's suggestion of the MotoG5S+ and MotoG5S+.

I have the MotoG5+ on RW and I love it. I bought it back in May. Super zippy, but, the camera isn’t as good as what I had before (Nexus 5x). But it is better than the Samsung S5’s camera.
I bought my husband the S+ version when it came out & Motorola’s website had a deal for it. His phone feels more sturdy due to it’s casing, and it’s a smidge wider than my G5+. If I had to choose between the two, I’d go for the MotoG5S+.
Both phones were <$300 bucks when I purchased, so it may be even cheaper now. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions! Let me go look at what you’ve recommended.

There are also several other phones available in the $100 range at RW or other vendors with vastly expanded memory and SD card than the old E you likely have with RW.

Motorola has the G5S+ on sale for the holidays as well, and I believe Newegg has the Nexus 5X on flash sale for 180$ if you want a last generation flagship.

Perfect info. So if I bought a G5S+ from Moto ($239) how hard will it be to get working on RW?

Yes, I have an old Moto E and it’s quite limited in the amount of available RAM and works itself to death running Waze. :slight_smile: