Help....No reimbursement for brand new non-working phone

I ordered a brand new Moto G4 plus on Taco Tuesday and received the phone several days later. While trying to activate the new phone, it completely died. I was unable to get it to turn back on or activate it. The phone was charged when it died, and no reset procedure I followed including factory reset allowed it to turn back on. The battery “charging” indicator was never visible, even with the phone plugged into its charger for over an hour. I returned the phone the very next morning in its original package and opened a help ticket. I received an email from Republic stating that I would not be reimbursed for the full cost of the phone for reasons, and I quote, “unknown”. Ive opened another help ticket in an attempt to fix this issue. My current phone works, but its old and the buttons work most of the time. As I have not received any feedback from Republic, this public discussion forum is my last ditch effort to try and save my 3-line account. Many of my co-workers who have Republic accounts are also holding off buying a new phone if this issue isnt fairly resolved. I despise the idea of having to take time off of work to file and follow through with a small claims suit. Does any one on here have any advice at all for me? I have put in 2 help tickets, chatted live with 2 different reps. The second Rep said it “looked like they made a mistake” and that I did everything I could do up to this point. He said the issue had transferred to the billing department. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Putting in more than one help ticket for the same incident screws up the Republic Wireless ticket queue (I know, in this day and age it the system should be more robust). Maybe @southpaw@rw can take a look to make sure someone is following up on your incident. Unfortunately, these mistakes seem to happen with some returns, albeit infrequently. You might go ahead and post your ticket number here in case @southpaw@rw is vacationing in parts unknown, and perhaps an ambassador can bring it to the staffs attention.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply CB. You got me thinking now. My initial ticket was placed to return the new phone. I was later told that I filed that ticket in error, and that trouble tickets were not required for returns made within the 14 day initial period. I initiated the second ticket when I was informed that I would not be fully reimbursed for the inoperable phone. The 2 tickets were unrelated in my eyes. However, the first ticket may have thrown the system off because it wasnt needed. 1027331 is the number of my second ticket. I was told that the matter was sent to billing.

Hi @ronh.9c8ugc,

I’m sorry to hear of the distressing situation and am confident Republic will work with you to get things sorted. May I ask when you opened the second ticket #1027331? I ask because the billing folks work business hours and with the Christmas holiday would just be getting back to work today. I’m able to make inquiries with staff on your behalf but just wanted to check to see if that might explain the delay in responding. Please advise.

Hi @ronh.9c8ugc .

Your ticket is still being researched. Although you have not yet seen a response, I assure you it is in the right place, has the proper attention, and you will get an answer.

1 Like

I initiated the ticket 12/24.

Thank you for the response Southpaw.

1 Like

Hi @ronh.9c8ugc,

Thanks for the follow-up. My response is superseded at this point by @southpaw@rw’s. You couldn’t be in better hands!

1 Like

@ronh.9c8ugc

The Billing Dept has been away since the Christmas Holiday. I am sure there is a backlog of work for them.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Message an
Expert customer