Home Phone Extender

I purchased and began using a WiFi Home Extender in May. It seems that every couple of weeks I need to do a hard reset on the device in order to keep phone calls coming. I call the line and it says “The Republic Wireless customer your are trying to reach is unavailable” or something like that. I pick up the home phone and it’s dead. A hard reset takes care of it, but is anyone else having this same problem?

Thanks,
Steve T.
Pittsburgh, Pa

I’m not sure I understand. Are you referring to a Wi-Fi extender, the Extend Home product, or both? Are you using a Wi-Fi extender with the Extend Home product?

1 Like

@cbwahlstrom I’m referring to the Extended Home Phone. I apologize for any confusion.

The Extended Home Phone device is plugged directly into my router.

Do you know the router make and model number? Usually if an adapter like the Extend Home repeatedly loses registration it’s a router issue. Sometimes simply checking that the router has the latest firmware and updating the router firmware can fix such a problem.

1 Like

@cbwahlstrom I looked at my router and updated the firmware. Hopefully this fixes the issue. I’ll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

@cbwahlstrom I took your advice and updated the router’s firmware and everything seemed to be working okay. I found out the other day the extender needed reset. As you can imagine, it’s frustrating when the extender doesn’t work and t’s impossible to know when the extender quits working. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

It’s been 20 days since you last posted about this issue. How many times have you had to reset in the last 20 days? The reason I ask is that I don’t really have any great troubleshooting steps if the problem frequency is once in 20 days. The most common cause might be a power or internet outage. I have seen some reports that the HT801 (Extend Home adapter hardware) may quit trying to establish a connection if it is powered up and doesn’t see an internet connection for two minutes. I don’t know that this is a problem, or even the problem for you, but perhaps it gives you a place to start looking.

@cbwahlstrom it’s happened twice since the software upgrade. It’s hard since it’s not our primary phone so I’ll need to be more diligent in checking it.

Message an
Expert customer