Home phone number blocked by Carrier

Phone Moto 5s plus
Have the plant for that phone
Plan includes data.

Issue Description

When I call from the 5s to my home phone number, it rings once and there is a click. I have a landline with a call blocking feature. I have searched the blocked number, and my home number is not listed. I can call the home number from my computer and the home number rings ok. When I call from my wife’s cell phone I get a message like “your carrier cannot complete your call to that number.”

Anyone else experience such a problem?

Let me know, Rob

More questions

1. Fails – Moto 5S to Home Landline (is this POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) or and ISP’s VoIP?
  2. OK – Computer to Home Landline (What is the computer using to call? … VoIP)
  3. Fails – Wife’s cell to Home Landline (what kind of phone does your Wife have?

More questions

Fails – Moto 5S to Home Landline (is this POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) or and ISP’s VoIP? – *yes ATT phone line to wall phone.

Thanks, for the response … I edited to add the #'s … can you provide 2 & 3?

1. Fails – Moto 5S to Home Landline (is this POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) or and ISP’s VoIP? _

Yes, a POTS_

1. OK – Computer to Home Landline (What is the computer using to call? … VoIP)

Laptop with Win 10, Google Chrome browser, gmail.com mail app phone feature, phone number from android phone book.

1. Fails – Wife’s cell to Home Landline (what kind of phone does your Wife have?

Old Samsung flip open cell phone, using T-Mobile cell service

Yes, responded, I hope. Rob

Bob

All answered … the only common thing that jumps out at me would be your POTS service provider, have you checked with them?

Will check with at&t tomorrow. Thanks, Rob

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.