How can i use new device to use old plan

i have 10$ old monthly plan if i buy new phone with sim ( Samsung galaxy j3 ) can i keep my old $10 plan and let me know how can i keep it or how can add it in new phone please let me know as soon as i wold like to buy a new device.

thank you.

Hi @jigneshp!

You cannot use the J3 on the $10 1.0/2.0 plan. Here is a quote from Republic from this document:

Can I keep my Republic Wireless 1.0 or 2.0 plan on the Republic Wireless 3.0 phones?

No. Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 plans rely on our unique ROM build. In order to offer our members a wider range of phones, more timely phone launches, faster Android updates, and a BYOP experience, Republic Wireless 3.0 uses an all-new architecture that moves us out of the ROM. Republic Wireless 3.0 phones aren’t compatible with our 1.0 and 2.0 plans.

Unfortunately, if you want to buy a new device, your options are somewhat limited as Republic does not sell those anymore. You will probably be hard-pressed to find a brand new device compatible with the $10 plan. The good news is that there some used phones compatible with the 1.0/2.0 plans, but you will have to buy them via a third party (i.e. eBay, Swappa, etc.). The following phones are compatible withe the $10 (1.0/2.0) plan: Moto E1 and E2, Moto X1 and X2, and Moto G1 and G3. Just make sure that the phone is indeed a Republic phone and not an unlocked edition. You can read more about buying a used device here. Sorry I couldn’t bring you better news!

mb2x

@jigneshp

To add to what my friend @mb2x has said the J3 is a GSM only phone and the RW / T Mobile service.4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

If TMo isn’t good in your area I don’t suggest getting a phone till the Sprint 3.0 service rolls out.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Samsung galaxy j3

The equivalent 3.0 plan price has increased to $15. IMO it’s well worth the additional monthly cost, it allows members a much broader selection of better unlocked phones that can be moved to other providers if needed in your future. That patricular phone will only work on RW’s/others’ GSM networks and you would want to check GSM coverage for your location prior to purchase.

Message an
Expert customer