How do I change my phones email without losing my contacts and calendar?

I need to switch out the gmail account that my Moto G is attached to, but I would prefer not to lose all of my contacts in the process.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

There doesn’t seem to be any easy way to do this but it might work to some extent with this procedure:

From your PC:

Google “export my contacts” and “export my calendar” and follow both procedures to export both sets of data to files.

Create your new Gmail account.

Google “import my contacts” and “import my calendar” and follow both procedures to import the files saved in the first step.

From your phone:

Add you new Gmail account to your phone in Settings, Accounts.

Delete you old Gmail account from your phone in Settings, Accounts.

Warning, I haven’t tried this. I have use the export and import routines in the past and they are pretty good but not perfect. If you follow this give Google time to re-sync everything to the phone.

Hi @stephanier.imqiaz

Just linking Googles support page…Import, restore, or back up contacts - Gmail Help

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you might be able to leave the existing gmail alone…and just add another email address as an additional Google account. You can choose in the account settings…what aspects of it you want to sync with your phone…for example just email…etc

Message an
Expert customer