How do I change my service area?

I have moved to a new location and need to change my service area. How do I do that?

That is an excellent question! Your service area does impact your tax rate and I’m not sure that changing your address in your account is sufficient to accomplish that since it might have something to do with your area code and exchange. I’d try changing the address first since I want to keep my number. You can change your number, however, right from the Republic app. Please come back an let us know exactly how this is addressed.

Phone number changes for new 3.0 Plans can only be made from the online Account Portal or the RW App. Thanks @rolandh.

(I was basing my comment based on the fact that it wasn’t listed on the options accessed by tapping on the green + sign as in the case of the 2.0 app)

Phone number changes for legacy 1.0 and 2.0 plans can be done from the online Account Portal or the RW App.

First two phone number changes are free, after that it costs $10 (plus taxes).

See here for details.

Change My Phone Number

To the wider question of “service area”…a move to a different location, doesn’t necessarily have any impact on your

service area except for possible change in taxes and getting a phone number local to your billing address.

You are still required to dial all 10-digits for all phone numbers… Republic Wireless does not support 7-digit dialing of local phone numbers.

I have moved to a new location and need to change my service area

If a member moves and needs a # change to better reflect their new home/billing address wouldn’t/shouldn’t that be freebie # change?

Each customer gets 2 free changes, no matter the reason.

How many swaps between lines do we get via tickets?

Phone number changes for new 3.0 Plans can only be made from the online Account Portal.
Which can be accessed via Republic’s 3.0 app. Gear icon -> Manage account.

Message an
Expert customer